Contact Baxter Day Service for all your commercial Cardboard recycling needs.
The following items are collected at the Baxter Day Service Center during regular business hours:
- Cell phones
- All cables for electronics
- DVD Players
- Old stereos
Household Hazardous Waste
- Cleaning – oven and drain cleaners, metal and wood cleaners, toilet, tub and shower cleaners, bleach, pool cleaners
- Automotive – motor oil and fuel additives, carburetor and fuel injections cleaners, air conditioning refrigerants, starter fluids, automotive batteries, transmission and brake fluid, antifreeze
- Lawn and Garden – herbicides, insecticides, fungicides and wood preservatives
- Indoor Pesticides – ant sprays and baits, cockroach sprays and baits, flea repellents and shampoos, bug sprays, houseplant insecticides, moth repellents, mouse and rat poisons and baits
- Workshop/Painting Supplies – adhesives and glues, furniture strippers, oil or enamel base paint, stains and finishes, paint thinners and turpentine, paints strippers and removers, photographic chemicals, fixatives and other solvents
- Miscellaneous – batteries, mercury thermostats or thermometers, fluorescent light bulbs and ballasts
- Other Flammable Products – Propane tanks and other compressed gas cylinders, fire extinguishers, kerosene, home heating oil, diesel fuel, gas/oil mix, lighter fluid
Hazardous Waste Trailer is open Monday 8:00am – 12:00pm.
Baxter County Road and Bridge Department
2017 Hwy. 5 South
Mountain Home, AR 72653
5-gallon limit per year, per household, on oil and latex paint
Methvin Sanitation provides residential and commercial curbside service, as well as roll-off containers and dumpsters for construction projects. For new service or questions, please phone 870-425-8095 or visit www.cityofmountainhome.com.
Service options include –
1 bag trash per week – $13.50 per month
4 bags trash per week – $15.12 per month
Maximum weight of 50 lbs. per container or 40 lbs. per bag.
Curbside Recycling Services
Methvin Sanitation provides Mt. Home curbside collection services, including cardboard, paper, plastic bottles, milk jugs, detergent bottles, aluminum cans & tin cans. All materials are delivered to Baxter Day Service Center for processing. Items not collected include tin foil, light bulbs, batteries, and ceramics. Recyclables will be picked up on the same day as the regular route day. Recyclables should be in a Methvin Sanitation recycling tub or a clear trash bag.
A Glass recycling bunker is available for customer drop off at the Baxter Day Service Center. Recyclables may still be delivered to Baxter Day as well.
Yard waste must be put in a trash bag or tied in a bundle not to exceed 40lbs. Each yard waste bag or bundle must have a yard waste tag. Tags can be picked up at the Methvin Sanitation office on County Road 5 or the Mt. Home Water Department located on North College Street. Please call 870-425-8095 to schedule yard waste pick up. Yard waste will be collected on Fridays.
Waste Tires in Baxter County are collected at:
Plumlee Tire, Inc.
Contact: Dave Plumlee
4081 Hwy. 62 SW
Mt. Home, AR 72653
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
[closed for lunch 11:00am – 12:00pm]
Saturday 8:00 – 11:30am
The following types of tires are accepted:
- Passenger car tires
- Light truck tires
- Specialty tires
Specialty tires include:
- Farm fronts
- Small and large OTR
- Farm rear
- Large farm rears
- ATV tires
Specialty tire fees (.pdf) are based on disposal fees to the District.
Tires that do not have a fee attached at the point of sale are considered a non-fee paid tire; basically, a stray tire. There is no charge for the first 4 non-fee paid tires per person, per day. After that limit, charges for non-fee paid tires are $1 per tire.