Contact Baxter Day Service for all your commercial Cardboard recycling needs.
The following items are collected at the Baxter Day Service Center during regular business hours:
- Cell phones
- All cables for electronics
- DVD Players
- Old stereos
Yard waste must be put in a trash bag or tied in a bundle not to exceed 40lbs. Each yard waste bag or bundle must have a yard waste tag. Tags can be picked up at the Methvin Sanitation office on County Road 5 or the Mt. Home Water Department located on North College Street. Please call 870-425-8095 to schedule yard waste pick up. Yard waste will be collected on Fridays.
Household Hazardous Waste
Household Hazardous Waste in Baxter County is collected at:
Baxter County Road and Bridge Department
2017 Hwy. 5 South
Mountain Home, AR 72653
Hazardous Waste Trailer is open Monday 8:00am–12:00pm.
- Cleaning — oven and drain cleaners, metal and wood cleaners, toilet, tub and shower cleaners, bleach, pool cleaners
- Automotive — motor oil and fuel additives, carburetor and fuel injections cleaners, air conditioning refrigerants, starter fluids, automotive batteries, transmission and brake fluid, antifreeze
- Lawn and Garden — herbicides, insecticides, fungicides and wood preservatives
- Indoor Pesticides — ant sprays and baits, cockroach sprays and baits, flea repellents and shampoos, bug sprays, houseplant insecticides, moth repellents, mouse and rat poisons and baits
- Workshop/Painting Supplies — adhesives and glues, furniture strippers, oil or enamel base paint, stains and finishes, paint thinners and turpentine, paints strippers and removers, photographic chemicals, fixatives and other solvents
- Miscellaneous — batteries, mercury thermostats or thermometers, fluorescent light bulbs and ballasts
- Other Flammable Products — Propane tanks and other compressed gas cylinders, fire extinguishers, kerosene, home heating oil, diesel fuel, gas/oil mix, lighter fluid
5-gallon limit per year, per household, on oil and latex paint
Waste Tires in Baxter County are collected at:
Plumlee Tire, Inc.
Contact: Dave Plumlee
4081 Hwy. 62 SW
Mt. Home, AR 72653
[closed for lunch 11:00am–12:00pm]
The following types of tires are accepted:
- Passenger car tires
- Light truck tires
- Specialty tires
Specialty tires include:
- Farm fronts
- Small and large OTR
- Farm rear
- Large farm rears
- ATV tires
Specialty tire fees (.pdf) are based on disposal fees to the District.
Tires that do not have a fee attached at the point of sale are considered a non-fee paid tire; basically, a stray tire. There is no charge for the first 4 non-fee paid tires per person, per day. After that limit, charges for non-fee paid tires are $1 per tire.